Who doesn’t want to look young forever! But factors such as aging, acne, sun exposure etc. leave our face with blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines, and what not. The youthful and supple skin suddenly becomes dull and aged. But instead of lamenting, we can do many things to rejuvenate the skin, right at home! Yes, there are many natural remedies for skin rejuvenation that can make your skin look younger once again.
How to Rejuvenate Skin with Home Remedies
Papaya gives you rejuvenated youthful skin
If you have a mature aging skin, nothing is like papaya for your skin. Start eating this antioxidant rich fruit. Not only can you have it internally but you should also use it externally on your skin. The high content of vitamins A, C and E with all their antioxidant power, makes your skin tight. Papaya also brightens your skin. Its natural alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) work as a gentle exfoliator and give you a radiant skin by sloughing off dark, dead skin cells. The enzyme papain in papaya also breaks down the inactive protein of dead skin cells to help you get rid of dull skin.
Ways to use papaya for skin rejuvenation
- When you eat papaya, save its peel. Rub this peel on your skin, especially where you have age spots and freckles. After rubbing for a couple of minutes, leave the pulp on your skin for about 5 minutes and then wash off with cold water. If after this, you feel dryness, apply some coconut or palm oil to your skin. You may also use your regular moisturizer.
- Take some papaya pulp along with 1-2 tsp milk or cream. Blend it to get a smooth paste. Apply this to your face and neck skin and leave for about 15-20 minutes. Wash off and pat dry. This will work wonders on dry skin. But if you have oily skin, avoid using milk or cream. Just apply mashed papaya pulp to your skin. It is one of the best remedies for skin tightening and toning too.
- If your skin is ultra dry or sensitive, blend papaya pulp with a little coconut oil. Apply this to your skin and wait for about 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
You can give papaya treatment to your skin 2-3 times a week to get a rejuvenated skin.
Lemon for Rejuvenation of Skin
Most of the time our skin looks dull and old due to the dead skin cells that won’t go away. Lemon juice is a wonderful food for such skin. The alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and vitamin C present in lemon in high amounts slough away these dead skin cells while acting as a gentle abrasive agent. In fact, it can prove to be the best remedy for age spots.
Ways to use lemon juice for skin rejuvenation
- Take ¼ cup sea salt and enough lemon juice to make a paste out of it. Apply this to your face, neck, hands or wherever you want glowing skin. Rub gently for few minutes. Be careful not to accidentally push this paste into your eyes. After this gentle scrubbing, wash it off with warm water. Use moisturizer to fight off the resultant dryness.
- Get the juice from ½ or 1 lemon and mix it with a little honey. Apply to your face and leave for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Add 1-2 tsp lemon juice in an egg white. Mix it well and apply to your face and neck. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and apply moisturizer. This will tighten your sagging skin along with making it glow.
Use the above lemon remedies for skin rejuvenation no more than 1-2 times a week. Don’t step out in sun just after applying lemon to your skin as it makes your skin excessively photo sensitive.
Use Orange Peel to Rejuvenate your Skin
Orange is a tasty fruit and its peel is a great friend to your skin! Orange peel is not only an excellent anti-bacterial and anti-microbial agent but also has wonderful skin lightening properties. What is good about this remedy is that people with oily and acne prone skin can also use it due to its astringent properties. Not to mention, orange peel also has loads of antioxidants to give your skin a youthful look. Start eating oranges right from today and whenever you have one, save its peel, dry it completely for few days and then grind it to get its powder. Store this orange peel powder in an air tight container. You can use it for 6 months to make a variety of face packs for skin rejuvenation.
Ways to use orange peel powder for skin rejuvenation
- Combine 1 tbsp of orange peel powder and 2 tbsp of yogurt. Mix well. Adjust the quantities to get a smooth paste like consistency. Apply on your face and neck and leave for 15-20 minutes. Now wash it off with cold water to get clear, toned up tight skin. This is actually an instant skin rejuvenating face pack. So, use it whenever you go to a party or some place where you need a bright glowing face for first impression like in important meetings etc.
- Take equal amounts of orange peel powder and honey. Add a pinch of turmeric and few drops of lemon juice to this. Mix well and apply on your skin. Wait for 5-10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Take equal amounts of orange peel powder, sandalwood powder and walnut powder. Add a few drops of lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp of rose water to this. Mix well to get a paste. Apply on your skin and wait for 5 minutes before washing it off. This recipe acts as a gentle exfoliating mask and gives you a glowing bright face in a matter of minutes.
- Those who have oily skin can mix equal amounts of orange peel powder and Fullers earth (multani mitti). Using rose water make a paste out of these ingredients. Apply to your skin and wait till it dries off completely. Wash off using cold water. This will deeply cleanse your skin to help get you rid of blackheads and whiteheads. At the same time, your skin will glow. Enjoy your new founded rejuvenated skin!
Use the above orange peel face masks 1-2 times a week to get rejuvenated skin.
Cucumber gives you crystal clear skin
There are more than one reasons to add more cucumber to your daily salad. It rejuvenates your skin by fading dark spots and freckles. It improves your skin complexion by fading scars and pigmentation. The water laden cucumbers sooth your skin suffering from sunburn. The toning effect of cucumber tightens open pores of skin almost instantly. It prevents cellulite and exfoliate your skin gently. What more, cucumbers are one of the most popular remedies for puffy eyes! All this is done by the nutrients present in cucumber like silica, ascorbic acid, and not to mention, the high amounts of water and antioxidants.
Ways to use cucumber for skin rejuvenation
- Grate cucumber after peeling it. Extract the water after pressing the grated cucumber using cloth or sieve. Take a cotton ball, soak it in cucumber water and apply this to your skin. Leave it for as long as you want. If needed, you might wash it off after some time. Do this daily.
- You may also soak a wash cloth in cucumber water and place it on your face after closing your eyes. Lie down and relax for about 15-10 minutes. Remove the cloth and wash off your face.
- Add some yogurt to the grated cucumber, mix well and apply to your skin. Wait for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
You may apply cucumber pulp or water to your face or other skin as many times a week as you wish. In fact, you can use it once or twice daily. It will do no harm to your skin. It will only make it younger and more radiant.
Banana magic to rejuvenate your aging skin
There is no fruit on earth as nourishing as banana! These tasty delights called bananas contain unimaginable quantities of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, iodine, and vitamins A, B, E, and F. If you want to get rid of wrinkles, acne as well as puffiness of your skin, use banana facial masks. You will get a youthful skin in place of a dull and aging skin with the regular use of banana on your skin.
Ways to use banana for skin rejuvenation
- Just mash ½ -1 banana and apply it to your face, neck or anywhere on your skin where you want a new younger looking skin. Wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off, first with warm water and then with cold water.
- If your skin is abnormally dry, take ¼ – ½ ripe banana, ½ cup of yogurt and 1 tsp honey. Mix them all, really well. Apply this banana-yogurt pack on your face and neck. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- You may also add vitamin E oil, some mashed avocado, oats and honey with banana and apply to your skin to get rejuvenated and youthful skin.
Use these remedies 1-2 times a week and get younger rejuvenated skin almost magically!
Avocado for Rejuvenation of Dull Dry Skin
When it comes to extremely dull and dry wrinkled skin, nothing can beat avocado remedy! Avocados are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E. They give your skin a deep moisturization. The oil present in avocado penetrates your skin as well as work as a protective barrier for your dry skin. The antioxidants in avocado soothes the sunburned skin, if any. The most important thing, sterolins, the natural steroids present in avocado, boosts collagen production and help you get rid of age spots. Its vitamin E fights of inflammation and itchiness, the two major problems of dry skin.
Ways to use avocado for skin rejuvenation
- Take a ripe avocado and 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Blend the two ingredients till you get a thick paste like thing. Apply this to your face and neck and leave for about 30-60 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
- Get a handful of fresh thyme, ½ lemon and ½ avocado. Blend them all for about a minute and get a thick paste. Apply this to your skin and massage gently for some time. Then leave it for about 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water to get a wrinkle free rejuvenated skin.
- If you don’t want to do all such blending and mixing, just get avocado oil. Massage your whole body or only the skin that you want to get a younger look with this oil, preferably before taking a bath.
Apricot Scrub for Rejuvenating Dull Skin
Exfoliation is essential to give your skin clear and healthy appearance. Exfoliating removes all the dead skin cells as well as the oil that clogs pores and give you blemishes and acne. Due to aging also, the new skin cell turnover slows down and the old dead cells start piling up unevenly on your skin’s surface, making it dry and dull. Exfoliation removes all these dead cells and unclogs pores to give you glowing radiant skin. Why not use something natural for exfoliation such as apricot! They are loaded with Vitamin A, C, B and lycopene. All these components make apricot ideal remedy for skin rejuvenation.
- Apricots- 4-5
- Honey- 2 tsp
- Almond oil- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- ½ tsp
- Soak the apricots in water overnight or for 3-4 hours to help them swell up.
- Blend the soaked apricots and add honey, almond oil, and lemon juice to the pulp.
- Apply this mask to the face and neck.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Do this 1-2 times a week to get rejuvenated skin.
Oatmeal Remedy for Skin Rejuvenation
Just as apricots, oatmeal too is a good exfoliating agent when it comes to have a radiant rejuvenated skin. It cleanse your skin really well by removing excess oil, dirt and impurities that give rise to clogged pores, acne and blemishes. It is also a very good agent for hydrating dry skin.
Ways to use oatmeal for skin rejuvenation
- Combine 1 tbsp ground oatmeal, ½ tsp honey and 1 tbsp water to get a paste. Gently rub this onto your skin with circular strokes. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Do this once a week to exfoliate and get rejuvenated skin.
- Get 1 tbsp oatmeal, 1 tbsp milk, and few drops of coconut oil. If you have acne prone, red and inflamed skin, use rose oil instead. You may also use jojoba oil. Add milk to oatmeal and leave it to soak for 5-10 minutes. Now add the oil of your choice and mix well. Apply this to your skin and wait for 10 minutes before washing it off. Do this once or twice a week to get rejuvenated skin.
Use Tomatoes for Skin Rejuvenation
Loaded with the anti-aging antioxidant lycopene, tomatoes may help protect your skin against the harmful UV rays. The presence of high amounts of vitamin C in tomato also makes it one of the good remedies for skin rejuvenation as this vitamin boosts collagen production to keep your skin younger for longer. It also protects your skin cells from free radical damage, one of the most prominent causes for dull and older looking skin.
Ways to use tomatoes for skin rejuvenation
- Get 3 tbsp tomato juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp cream. Mix them well to get a smooth paste. Apply this to your skin and leave for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Do this 1-2 times a week.
- If you don’t have dry skin but want to get rid of pimples and blemishes to get rejuvenated skin, apply simple tomato puree to the affected skin and leave for 20-25 minutes before washing it off.
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato pulp, and 1 tsp each of honey and yogurt. Mix them all and apply the paste to your skin for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with water.
- Want to get rid of pigmentation and sunburned skin? Combine 3-4 tbsp of tomato puree, 3 tsp yogurt, 1 tsp grated cucumber, 1 tsp aloe vera gel and 3 tsp of oatmeal. Apply this to your skin and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.
Use these remedies 1-2 times a week to get rejuvenated skin.
Green Tea gives you a Rejuvenated Skin
Many studies have found out that polyphenols in green tea help eliminate free radicals that are responsible for aged, dull and mature skin. The most abundant green tea polyphenol, EGCG reactivates dying skin cells! One of the studies also found out that green tea polyphenols cannot get absorbed beyond the epidermis. For reference, human skin consists of three layers: the epidermis (outer layer), dermis (mid-layer) and hypodermis (inner layer). But it does affect the outer layer positively and that’s what everyone sees! In fact, the cells of outer layer only needs to get rejuvenated because when the skin cells reach the surface of the skin, their metabolic activity slows down considerably and they prepare to die. But when these cells get exposed to EGCG (found in green tea), the old cells present in the upper layers of the epidermis start dividing again and you get a rejuvenated skin! Green tea in fact can treat a host of skin problems including ulcers, psoriasis, rosascea, wrinkles and wounds.
Ways to use green tea for skin rejuvenation
- Drink 3-4 cups of green tea daily. Don’t add sugar though! If needed, add some honey and lemon juice.
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool down. Then add ½ tsp lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder to only 2-3 tbsp of green tea. Apply this to your face and neck with the help of cotton or finger tips. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before you wash it off.
Tips for Skin Rejuvenation
Other than the above mentioned home remedies for skin rejuvenation, there are some other tips and tricks that can give you a younger looking skin that can last forever!
- Sleep well. When you sleep, your muscles relax and proper blood circulation occurs. This ensures a younger looking skin.
- Avoid stress. This makes your skin look older due to the entire hormone imbalance that your body goes through when you are stressed.
- Lead an active social life. Happy people have healthy body and skin too! Give time to your family and friends. And this needs to be real interaction and not the virtual one through smart devices!
- Use humidifier. Hot dry environment makes your skin dry which is one of the major cause of dull skin.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants are what can keep your skin younger for longer. They fight off the free radicals that give you aged wrinkled and dull skin. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with anti-oxidants. Have lots of them, daily! This ensures a rejuvenated skin!
- Stop smoking. Active or passive, smoking slows down the process of cell regeneration. No new cells are produced. It means your old cells are not replaced by new cells to give you a rejuvenated skin!
- Exercise regularly. This is essential for eliminating toxins and keeping your cells younger for long.
- Drink plenty of water. It is essential to keep your skin hydrated. Dry skin is dull skin. Keep it hydrated and it will look younger.
- Clean your skin properly. Before going to sleep at night, cleanse and moisturize your skin properly to avoid clogged pores. This will eliminate acne, pimples, blackheads, blemishes and all that gives you a dull skin.
If you follow all these tips, you may not need to use home remedies for skin rejuvenation!
© Rapid Home Remedies